Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients 1 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped and 2 tablespoons juices reserved*
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup matchstick carrots
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
2 cups spinach
4 eggs, fried
1 sprig of green onions
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Sir Kensington’s Gochujang Everything Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together kimchi juice, soy sauce, and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in kimchi, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in rice, spinach, and kimchi juice mixture until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place rice mixture in a bowl and top with fried egg, green onions, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with Sir Kensington’s Gochujang Everything Sauce and serve.